My Onedrive storage is full - I need to delete all synced data to free space

Lindokuhle Ngema 0 Reputation points
2026-10-11T06:23:51.41+00:00

My Onedrive storage is full - I need to delete all synced data to free space

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Mite Suo 5,480 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-11T07:19:35.79+00:00

    Hello, I'm Mite, here to help.

    Just to make sure I understand you correctly, do you want to delete the files stored in OneDrive to free up cloud storage, but keep the files on your computer?

    If that's what you mean, you can do that, but please make sure your files are saved locally before deleting anything.

    First, open your OneDrive folder and make sure the files you want to keep are fully downloaded. You can right-click them and select "Always keep on this device". Once downloaded, move them to a folder outside OneDrive.

    If OneDrive is also backing up your Desktop, Documents, or Pictures folders, open OneDrive Settings > Sync and backup > Manage backup. Turn off backup for those folders and choose "Keep files only on my PC".

    Once you've checked that your local files are safe, you can unlink your PC from OneDrive under Settings > Account > Unlink this PC. Then delete any remaining cloud files through OneDrive.com and empty the OneDrive Recycle Bin to free up the storage.

    Please let me know if that's what you're trying to do. I just want to make sure you don't accidentally lose any files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.