Windows 11 23H2 to 25H2 Update Fails with Error 0x800700C1 - Corrupted Servicing Stack

Vorachi 0 Reputation points
2026-10-11T01:47:21.1666667+00:00

Hello,

I've been experiencing Windows Update issues for over a year and have been unable to upgrade from Windows 11 23H2 to 24H2 or 25H2.

My system information:

  • Windows 11 Home, version 23H2
  • OS Build: 22631.4169
  • Update error: 0x800700C1

I've attempted numerous troubleshooting methods, including:

  • DISM /ScanHealth (detected repairable component store corruption)
  • DISM /RestoreHealth (failed with error 0x800f081f)
  • Windows Update troubleshooting
  • In-place Windows upgrade using an official Microsoft ISO (failed)
  • SSD health and file-system checks (both reported healthy)

My CBS.log identified 26 corrupted Windows components, including servicing-stack components associated with version 22621.4245.

I found another user experiencing almost the exact same issue, including the same Windows build and error code. Their issue was successfully resolved with a customized SFCFix repair package provided by a Microsoft Q&A community moderator.

I would greatly appreciate it if a moderator could examine my CBS.log and DISM.log and help me with a similar repair tailored to my system.

I'm trying to avoid a clean Windows installation because I have important applications and files I would like to preserve.

I can provide my CBS.log and DISM.log for further analysis.

Thank you for your assistance!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade
0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ramesh 182.4K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-11T03:37:56.65+00:00

    I would greatly appreciate it if a moderator could examine my CBS.log and DISM.log and help me with a similar repair tailored to my system.

    Hi @Vorachi ,

    The CBS and DISM logs are not needed because you've already uploaded your setupact.log file. Here's the fix tailored for your computer.

    Please try these steps exactly.

    • Download SFCFix.exe by niemiro of Sysnative forums, and save this to your Desktop.
    • Download the file, SFCFix.zip, and save this to your Desktop. Ensure that this file is named SFCFix.zip - do not rename it.
    • On your Desktop, you should see two files: SFCFix.exe and SFCFix.zip. Drag the file SFCFix.zip onto the file SFCFix.exe and release it. See illustration image
    • When you see the prompt "Will you allow SFCFix to communicate with Sysnative servers?", type "n" for no. Press Enter to continue.
    • SFCFix will now process the script. It will take some time to complete. Upload the output file SFCFix.txt.
    • Restart Windows and run the following command from Command Prompt (admin):
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    

    Post the DISM output here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. CrazyKats 20,005 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-11T02:28:52.9266667+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Lester Bernard Reyes 86,175 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-11T02:27:28.6033333+00:00

    Hi, I'm Bernard. I'm happy to help!

    I understand the issue you have. There is nothing to worry about. I am here to assist. To check the Windows update logs on the PC so that I can point out what is the root cause of the issue, can you share the Windows 11 Deployment Upgrade Process Logs from the PC by following the steps below:

     

    Open File Explorer and navigate to:

     

    C:$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther

    or

    C:$Windows.~WS\Sources\Panther

     

    Copy Setupact.log and setuperr.log, then save them to another location like Desktop or Documents.

     

    Then please upload them to Cloud storage like OneDrive or any cloud storage you are using, and please share the shareable link here.

     

    To upload and share the link using OneDrive:

     

    Go to this link: https://onedrive.live.com/ then upload the file.

     

    Then provide the shareable link by following the steps from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/share-onedrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.