Is Anyone facing black background issue in lock screen after cold boot. It is happening to me since August 2026.

Ksheetiz Sharma 0 Reputation points
2026-10-11T00:32:16.4266667+00:00

After cold boot, Lock screen background is just black with weather widget and clock. First I thought it was a windows spotlight issue but it still happening even after fixing a single wallpaper for lock screen.
The frequency of this issue is moderate. Like 5 in 10 cold boot.
It started happening after a window update in august 2026. which somehow took 2hrs in restart based installation.
I thought my windows files were corrupted so I did DISM and SFC, after then also resintalled window from recovery (the one in which app, setting and files are not deleted; repair version). Yet it is still happening.

Can Anyone help?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.