New password is not being recognized

Jonah Robertson 0 Reputation points
2026-10-10T22:59:26.83+00:00

I have had issues logging into my account and using Microsoft services. I was hacked several months back and had reclaimed access to my email attached to the Microsoft account. However ever since I have been unable to access Xbox services with my original email/microsoft account as an example. I have tried making new accounts and have tried to swap to a new email with a new microsoft account. However, it refuses to let me use another account and forces me to use the email that is tied to my computer and said account. So I have tried several times to reset my password while using 2-factor authentication. Every time I am able to access my microsoft account with the new password but not be able to use other things tied like Xbox live service or Minecraft.

I have full access to my phone, gmail account, and authenticator app and none of it seems to make services outside of just the microsoft account login available.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. S.Sengupta 32,751 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-11T00:36:00.99+00:00

    Contact Xbox Support and ask them to check your Xbox profile for a leftover hold from the hack.

    you can already sign in to the Microsoft account, so the lock is on the Xbox/Minecraft side, and only Xbox Support can see and clear it.

    Go to support.xbox.com > Contact us.

    Say: “My account was hacked and I recovered it, but Xbox and Minecraft access is still blocked. Please check the profile for any suspension or hold.”

    Before you contact them, open account.xbox.com and note any error message or code, since they’ll ask for it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.