How to change the shortcut icon size in sharepoint discover page

Patrick Goodman 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T09:18:55.8+00:00

The sharepoint discover screen displays various shortcuts to specfic sharepoint locations how to I change the display for the shortcuts?

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | For business | Windows
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Liora 2,170 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-08T10:07:31.6666667+00:00

    Hi @Patrick,

    Thank you for the additional context.

    To be honest, I agree with your feedback. The Discover experience is intended to provide quick access to relevant content, but its usefulness is significantly reduced when file and page titles are truncated to the point that users can't easily identify what they're looking at.

    I spent some time reviewing the current SharePoint Discover documentation and available settings, and I wasn't able to find any supported option to customize the tile size, card layout, or the amount of title text displayed in these cards.

    Personally, I think this is an area Microsoft should consider improving in a future update.

    would make Discover much more practical for users who work with large numbers of documents and similarly named files.

    I would strongly encourage you to submit this feedback through the SharePoint feedback channels. Direct product feedback is one of the best ways to help the engineering team understand real-world usability concerns like the one you've described.

    Personally, I would support this suggestion as well, as it seems like a reasonable enhancement that could improve the experience for many SharePoint users.


    Although the answer doesn't provide the outcome you were hoping for, you may want to consider marking it as the accepted answer. Doing so helps other SharePoint users quickly understand that there is currently no supported setting to change the Discover tile size or layout, avoiding time spent searching for a configuration that doesn't exist today. It also helps consolidate feedback from users who share the same concern, making the limitation more visible to both the community and Microsoft.

    I hope Microsoft reviews feedback like yours and introduces more flexibility to the Discover experience in the future.

    Kind regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Liora 2,170 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-08T09:43:21.1+00:00

    Dear @Patrick,

    I hope you’re having a good day. 

    Based on your description, my understanding is that you're referring to the shortcut tiles/cards displayed on the SharePoint Discover page, such as the items shown under"Here's what's new", and you'd like to change their size or appearance.

    From the documentation currently available for the new SharePoint Discover experience, I am not aware of any supported setting that allows users or administrators to change the size, layout, or visual style of those tiles. The Discover experience is largely managed by Microsoft and uses a predefined layout for recommended sites, files, and content.

    For reference: Getting started with Discover in SharePoint describes the Discover experience and the different content sections that appear on the page.

    As a tip, you may find Discover more useful by:

    • Favoriting frequently used sites so they're easier to access. User's image
    • Using the Recent Sites and Recent Items sections to quickly return to content you've worked with recently.
    • Encouraging users to access important sites regularly, as Discover uses activity signals to surface relevant content.

    I hope this information helps. If I've misunderstood your question and you're actually trying to change the site logo, thumbnail image, site name, or another element displayed within the card, please feel free to share a screenshot or provide a bit more detail.

    Thank you, and I wish you all the best.

    Warm regards,  


    If the answer is helpful, please select "Yes, accept answer". If you have any questions or new updates, please feel free to comment below. 

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.