I purchased two XBOX controllers through the store (xbox.com/en-US/microsoft-store) - only one came

Vanessa B 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T15:50:40.7+00:00

Ordered two controllers, only one arrived, FedEX confirmed delivery, and now zero ways to determine what happens with the second controller.

The experience in accessing sales support is terrible. From the AI support bot not understanding this is a physical product matter and not a digital one, then proceeding to loop, to then calling the toll-free number, me saying "XBOX controller" as the issue at handle, then the response telling me to go to a URL to fix my issue then disconnecting. Me calling back because I was like, "maybe I should have said store/sales support," but upon calling back, the system already flagged me as having an XBOX issue so every time I called back, it was the same XBOX prompt then a disconnect. Candidly, I don't even want to be on this board, but all the prompts have led me here.

I can understand automation for technical, on the user mindset troubleshooting, typical Q&A responses, and even to keep access to support resources tight because people will abuse sales channels for other random inquires, but I purchased an item that isn't direct to consumer and something a user can determine how to troubleshoot themselves based on reading a few articles. This is a direct to consumer purchase with an entire logistical process that happens in between so any guidance would be helpful and even if the answer was I was only able to buy one GOW Eday controller, then please automate the refund on your back-end.

Since this is Q&A and I have seen some reference of this in past questions (but cannot access them for some reason) -- am I just doomed to have lost $90 or is there another way?

Windows for home | Other | Gaming
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Dio Xavier 297.1K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-07T18:59:52.1733333+00:00

    Hello,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Community.

    Good afternoon. Our forums focus on technical issues; in this case, you need to contact dedicated Microsoft Store support.:

    1. Go to this link: Contact – Contact – Microsoft Support

    Briefly describe your issue in the search box.

    Scroll to the bottom of the page -> select "Sign in to contact support."

    Sign in using another available personal Microsoft account.

    Under "Products & Services," select "Other Products"; under "Categories," select "Microsoft Store purchases or subscriptions" and click "Confirm."

    Click "Chat with a support agent in your web browser" (business hours only).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.