Junk Mail folder suddenly emptied!

Hamdi Sellami 20 Reputation points
2026-10-07T13:27:14.7033333+00:00

This morning I have found my junk mail folder empty. I got connected to Microsoft chat 4 times and when I raise the issue, it disconnects immediately. What is wrong?

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For home
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Emma1-N 13,675 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-10-08T00:53:39.45+00:00

Welcome Hamdi Sellami,

I understand how concerning it is to suddenly find the entire Junk Email folder empty, especially after you were unable to get assistance through chat.

Please try the step below:

  • Sign in to Outlook.com from a web browser and open the Junk Email folder. Let me know whether the missing messages appear there.
  • Check Deleted Items as well. If the messages are not there, select Recover items deleted from this folder and see whether any of the missing messages are available for restoration.
  • Please also let me know approximately how old the missing junk messages were.

Please let me know what you see in Outlook.com, and we can continue from there.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.