activate Microsoft word on macOS 10.13.6

Lacy Atalick 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T19:15:20.2766667+00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to activate Word on a Mac OS 10.13.6 but when I attempt to sign in it just gives me a blank pop-up window.

Any options?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | MacOS
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ivan B 125K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T19:49:34.09+00:00

    Hi,

    I'm very sorry, but unfortunately Office 365 and 2019 will no longer be usable with the edit and save functions.

    The link below explains the situation: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/lifecycle/officeinstall/update-m365-office-macos-ios

    User's image

    In this case, you will need to update your Mac to version 12 (Monterey) and have an Office 2021/2024 license or a Microsoft 365 subscription to access these full features.

    Microsoft Office is no longer maintained for older operating systems or devices.

    In your case, you will only be able to view and print in Office 365.

    You can also check out Office for the web, which is free:

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/free-office-online-for-the-web

    I am sorry about this; have a good week.

    Please consider rating the question and access the community at Microsoft Q&A if you have further questions.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.