I have no audio device after installing latest Win 11 update.

Lee Cuevas 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T16:40:17.6866667+00:00

I install latest Win 11 update 5 days ago and have been unable to resolve the issue with trouble shooting.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lester Bernard Reyes 85,915 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T17:26:50.3333333+00:00

    Hi, I'm Bernard. I'm happy to help!

    To confirm, are you using a laptop or a desktop? Do you see an X mark on the audio icon on your taskbar? While waiting, I recommend running the audio troubleshooter, and if the issue persists, the next option is to roll back the audio driver. Kindly follow the steps below:

    Method 1. Run the Audio troubleshooter:

    Press the Windows Key + R, then type in:

    msdt.exe /id AudioPlaybackDiagnostic

    Then hit OK and follow the prompt to run the Audio troubleshooter.

    Method 2. Roll back the audio driver:

    -Press the Windows key + X

    -Go to Device Manager

    -Expand Sound, video and game controllers

    -Look for Realtek (R) Audio or High Definition Audio

    -Right-click and click Update Driver

    -Select Browse my computer for drivers

    -Click Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer

    -Choose an old driver or another driver name, then select it and click Next until it installs.

    -Restart the PC and check.

    Note: If the issue persists, please download and install the audio driver from your manufacturer’s website.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.