I have updated to 26H2 and settings app still will not open.
i am using windows 11 ver 25H2 and settings will not start
settings will not start. I have tried numerous so-called fixes I found online to no avail.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings
3 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Neil D 34,445 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2026-10-05T15:16:40.77+00:00 The best thing is probably a repair install using the latest ISO image file. It will give the latest available version of windows which is now 26H2.
Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11 and select to download the windows 11 disc image file.
Once the file is saved to your device open File Explorer and Mount the ISO file. When mounted it will show a new virtual optical disk, select that and in the right hand pane run Setup.
Follow the onscreen instructions to complete a repair.