Azure for Students renewal fails despite active GitHub Student Pack

Abdur Rafay 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T04:18:16.54+00:00

My GitHub Student Developer Pack is active and was verified in October 2026. The Microsoft Azure benefit is also shown as Claimed in my GitHub Student Developer Pack.

However, when I click the Azure benefit, I am redirected to the Azure for Students renewal page and receive:

"Unable to renew Azure for Students. Please try again shortly or contact us."

Azure Portal → Subscriptions shows no subscriptions, and the Azure Sponsorships portal says there is no active Sponsorship.

I am still an active full-time university student. Could someone please advise how I can renew/restore my Azure for Students subscription and receive the student credit?

I can provide the error details privately if needed.

Cost Management
Cost Management

A Microsoft offering that enables tracking of cloud usage and expenditures for Azure and other cloud providers.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Jayesh Kedar 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-05T05:36:58.2133333+00:00

    Hi Abdur,

    Since your GitHub Student Developer Pack is still active and the Azure benefit shows as Claimed, but there is no Azure subscription visible in the Azure Portal and no active Sponsorship, this looks like a backend provisioning or renewal issue rather than a student verification issue.

    I would recommend:

    1. Confirm that you are signing in with the same Microsoft account that was used to claim the Azure for Students benefit.
    2. Try accessing the Azure for Students offer directly in an InPrivate/Incognito browser session.
    3. If the issue persists, open a support request with Azure Subscription or Billing Support and provide screenshots of:
      1. GitHub Student Pack showing Azure as Claimed
      2. The renewal error message
      3. Azure Portal → Subscriptions page
      4. Azure Sponsorships page

    As your student status is still verified, support should be able to check the offer linkage and determine why the subscription was not renewed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.