A PC equipped with advanced AI capabilities and Windows Copilot integration
I login to my account on new copilot but I can only access conversation I did in the browser not the app.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi
How Can I get my chat log from copilot legacy. I mistakenly uninstalled it from my tablet as it was grayed out. I know it has been retired but all my chat are not in the new copilot.
Thanks
Abby
A PC equipped with advanced AI capabilities and Windows Copilot integration
I login to my account on new copilot but I can only access conversation I did in the browser not the app.
Hi, Abiola H
I’m sorry the earlier answer sent you back through checks you’d already tried. Since the old chats are missing from both the new app and the browser, I’d focus on finding a copy of the history and reporting the missing chats, rather than reinstalling the tablet app.
Here are some suggestions you can try:
Open your Microsoft account’s Privacy dashboard and go to Privacy > Empower your productivity > Copilot > Your Copilot app activity history > Copilot apps > Export all activity history. Open the downloaded CSV file and look for the missing conversations. This lets you check your recorded prompts and replies even when the chats do not appear in Copilot. Do not select “Delete all activity history.”
If the chats are in the export but not in Copilot, contact Copilot Support. Explain that they were visible in Copilot (Legacy) before you uninstalled it, but are absent from the new app and browser. Include the tablet type, approximate dates of the missing chats, and a screenshot of the history lists. Keep the export private unless support asks for it through a secure channel. A user with missing chats after the update reported that support resolved their case.
The CSV is a way to retrieve what the export contains, not a way to put chats back into the app.
Please be advised that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators and contributors, including external Microsoft employees, are not allowed to directly interfere with Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited solely to providing technical guidance on reported incidents, requests, or ideas.
I was able to fix the issue. I went into my Microsoft account and went down to the copilot app. And was able to open it in the browser to gain access to all my previous and new chat. I hope this works, if you have a similar issue.
Abby