I cannot install CS 4 Suite from my CD's

Dianne Thomas 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T18:23:28.91+00:00

I have been trying for days, working with ChatGPS to install Adobe CS4 suite. It installs some programs but not all. I had to re install Windows about 3 days ago and it made me loose all my apps. I have reinstalled everything except CS4. I get error.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Apps
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kai-H 28,065 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-04T10:23:38.6866667+00:00

    Hi, Dianne Thomas

    Sorry for this frustration. The important point is that this may not be a Windows installation problem you can fix. According to Adobe’s current guidance, Creative Suite 4 can no longer be reinstalled, even from the original discs, because its activation servers were retired. That could explain why parts of the suite install but you still can’t get the whole suite working. I wouldn’t recommend reinstalling Windows again or repeatedly changing compatibility settings to try to get around activation.

    Note: This information is provided as a convenience to you. The site is not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link. 

    Could you post the exact error message or error number, along with whether you’re using Windows 10 or 11 and which CS4 programs did install? Please leave out your serial number. The error will help distinguish a problem reading or running the installer from the separate activation limitation. If you need the full suite on this Windows installation, you’ll likely need to consider a currently supported Adobe version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.