An Azure service that is used to develop microservices and orchestrate containers on Windows and Linux.
Hello, thanks I did receive the answer. I need to get a paid Fabric capacity.
Mattias
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
I have a newly created Microsoft 365 Business Premium tenant and I'm unable to activate Microsoft Fabric Trial.
Current environment:
Problem:
When attempting to create a Fabric item (for example a Lakehouse) or activate Fabric Trial, I receive:
"Sorry, we are unable to start trial at this time."
Observations:
Has anyone seen this in a newly created tenant? Is a paid Microsoft Fabric Capacity (Pay-As-You-Go / F SKU) required before Fabric workloads become available?
Thanks,
Mattias
An Azure service that is used to develop microservices and orchestrate containers on Windows and Linux.
Hello, thanks I did receive the answer. I need to get a paid Fabric capacity.
Mattias
AI answer
A paid Fabric capacity is not always required before Fabric workloads become available. Fabric workloads can run on an Azure F SKU capacity, an existing Power BI Premium P SKU capacity, or a Fabric trial capacity. Power BI Pro and PPU licenses do not provide Fabric capacity.
For the specific error and the greyed-out trial options, the documented causes are:
Given the stated environment:
So the answer is:
Also note that trial capacity is intended for evaluation and testing only, not production workloads.
References: