Individual (Taiwan) cannot complete tax profile: "Tax ID type" only accepts 8-digit business Uniform Number

Brian Huang 10 Reputation points
2026-09-27T15:29:28.3+00:00

Account type: Individual. Program: Microsoft Store (Taiwan).

When creating the tax profile, at step 3 "Tax Residence Country/Region", the field "Tax ID type" is required ("This is a required field."). The only option is "Uniform numbers", and it only accepts an 8-digit number, which is the Taiwan business registration number format.

I am an individual, not a business, so I do not have an 8-digit Uniform Number. My Taiwan taxpayer ID is my 10-character National ID number (1 letter + 9 digits), which the field does not accept. The same happens in Chrome and in Edge InPrivate.

I also tried to open a Partner Center support request, but submitting it fails with "There was a problem creating your service request. Please wait 10 minutes and try again."

How should an individual resident of Taiwan complete this step?

Microsoft Partner Center | Other

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.