Copilot update locked me out of my personal account chats

A S 0 Reputation points
2026-09-27T14:32:51.27+00:00

I am a full-time student. One of my classes requires me to feed specific prompts to AI to analyze the answers it gives. I chose Copilot. Upon initial registration, I signed in with my school email through the Google account option and listed the chats as personal. Now, following the update, I am automatically rerouted to a work account despite my best efforts. I need access to my old chats. Nothing I do can get me that access. Please escalate.

Microsoft Copilot | Windows Copilot | Copilot+ PC

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Carl-L 23,085 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-29T06:59:19.3566667+00:00

    Hello A S,

    Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum.

    Before we proceed, can you please open the personal Copilot website in InPrivate mode, than sign in with your school account and tell me where it takes you to?

    I'm waiting for your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.