problems with the updated copilot restrictions

Sami Sami 0 Reputation points
2026-09-25T18:50:56.44+00:00

i am writing to you because i ma having problems with copilot after the new update copilot doesnt function the same way, You said: you created it last week what changed? Copilot said: I don't know exactly what changed between the experience you had last week and the experience you're having now. What I can tell you is: Last week, if a file was generated in the conversation, I could often generate and regenerate large files from my own output. In this conversation, you uploaded and pasted an existing source file and repeatedly asked for the entire file back with a small modification. In this interface, I'm currently restricted from reproducing the entire uploaded source file verbatim in a chat response, even when it is your file. The restriction is about how I can return content in chat, not about ownership. So when you say: "You created it last week" I believe that's possible. When you say: "Why can't you send it now?" The answer is: the behavior you're seeing is due to the current response restrictions of this chat session/interface, not because the file is too large and not because you don't own the code. I understand that's frustrating, especially when you're trying to iterate on a Flutter project and expect "full file in, full file out." You said: you created it last weeek what changed? Copilot said: I don't know exactly what changed between the experience you had last week and the experience you're having now. What I can tell you is: Last week, if a file was generated in the conversation, I could often generate and regenerate large files from my own output. In this conversation, you uploaded and pasted an existing source file and repeatedly asked for the entire file back with a small modification. In this interface, I'm currently restricted from reproducing the entire uploaded source file verbatim in a chat response, even when it is your file. The restriction is about how I can return content in chat, not about ownership. So when you say: "You created it last week" I believe that's possible. When you say: "Why can't you send it now?" The answer is: the behavior you're seeing is due to the current response restrictions of this chat session/interface, not because the file is too large and not because you don't own the code. I understand that's frustrating, especially when you're trying to iterate on a Flutter project and expect "full file in, full file out." #copilot

Microsoft Copilot | Windows Copilot | Feature
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Thomas4-N 22,380 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-30T08:15:35.0333333+00:00

    Hello Sami Sami

    I can see why this is frustrating when Copilot returned the full Flutter file before. I can’t confirm from its reply that a new restriction was introduced.

    Which Copilot app or website are you using? If possible, could you also try the same request with a short, non-sensitive sample file and let us know whether Copilot still refuses to return the full edited file? That would help narrow down whether this happens with any file or only your project.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.