A specific functionality or enhancement provided by Windows Copilot
Hi JUNIOR PELICANO,
Thanks for sharing all those details.
Just to narrow this down a little further, what exactly happens when you select + > Take a Screenshot in Copilot? Does nothing happen, does the capture interface appear and then fail or has the option disappeared completely? Also, could you share your Copilot app version from Account > About and confirm whether you can still use Snipping Tool and manually attach that screenshot to a Copilot conversation?
Since Snipping Tool works normally and you’ve already checked the permissions and capture services, you’ve covered the main Windows-side checks, so I’d focus on the Copilot app itself next.
As the next step, I’d try reinstalling Copilot:
- Open Settings > Apps > Installed apps.
- Find Microsoft Copilot, select the three dots (...), and choose Uninstall.
- Restart your PC.
- Open the Microsoft Store, search for Microsoft Copilot and install the app again.
- Sign back in and test + > Take a Screenshot again.
I’m not able to verify an account-specific or regional backend feature flag from the community forum, so I wouldn’t want to assume that’s definitely the cause yet. If reinstalling doesn’t change the behavior, let me know exactly what happens when you select Take a Screenshot, that will help narrow down the next step.