I can not Launch Corel VideoStudio 2023

Rudolf Beim 15 Reputation points
2026-09-02T18:14:41.21+00:00

Initially I have some problems with the program. Corel suggested to reinstall it witch I did. Now I can't even launch the program.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Apps

8 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Steven Tiberius 6 Reputation points
    2026-09-17T17:52:11.38+00:00

    After spending an entire day researching this and working with various AI systems here is what finally worked for me: renaming the uvDV.dll file in the Video Studio program directory. According to Gemini, "(This disables a legacy DV capture module that frequently causes startup threads to hang indefinitely on modern systems)." Launching consistently now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.

  2. Mohammad AL Najjar 15 Reputation points
    2026-09-27T23:08:08.31+00:00

    Here is a Temporary Workaround from Corel:

    VideoStudio 2023 Startup Failure on Windows 11 After Late August–Early September 2026 Updates

    Hope it helps for now, and waiting for Microsoft to fix things.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.

  3. Iain Hunneybell 20 Reputation points
    2026-10-04T13:46:40.5433333+00:00

    Just a note to say a move to Win11 26H2 has not changed anything. Same behaviour as before

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  4. Iain Hunneybell 20 Reputation points
    2026-09-27T13:58:54.79+00:00

    Okay, I appear to have a workaround:

    1. Rename <uvDV.dll> as @Steven Tiberius mentions
    2. Start VS23
    3. With VS23 running, rename <uvDV.dll> back to its correct name
    4. Now carry on editing. It appears stable

    Of note, my system doesn't and didn't have KB5120998 and yet I hit the VS23 load issue. The system also isn't running KB5124008 or KB5124010 so by my experience, these aren't involved in this issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  5. Mohammad AL Najjar 15 Reputation points
    2026-09-23T08:12:27.6166667+00:00

    Screenshot 2026-09-23 110711

    Today, we got this update.

    Still, it didn't fix our problem; the issue is persistent.

    Microsoft, PLEASE HELP!

    My projects and work have been broken for over two weeks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.