Not able to Register for Student Benefits on Azure

Lakshya Jain 0 Reputation points
2026-09-01T11:37:36.75+00:00

I am not able to go past the verification process for the Azure for Students benefits. I do not get the dropdown menu for selecting my school on the form. And if I skip that field and move on with verification anyway, this message pops up. Not able to create a ticket either because my account is not added as a tenant. I would go for a manual verification, but I do not get an option to do so

User's image

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For education | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Aetherin 3,005 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-01T12:03:46.1+00:00

    Hi @Lakshya Jain,

    Based on the screenshot, Azure is unable to verify your academic status because your school's email domain is not currently recognized in Microsoft's student verification database.

    As a quick test, please try completing the registration again using an InPrivate/Incognito browser session. If your school still does not appear in the dropdown list and no manual verification option is presented, this usually indicates that Microsoft does not currently have your institution or academic email domain registered for automated student verification.

    In that case, I recommend contacting your school's IT or administration department to confirm the official email domain used for student accounts, verify whether the institution participates in the Azure for Students program, and check whether the school's academic domain is recognized by Microsoft for student eligibility verification.

    This is typically the fastest and most effective approach in this situation, as the school has direct visibility into its academic accounts, domain configuration, and participation status with Microsoft education programs.

    Thank you for taking the time to review this information. Please let me know if you receive any updates from your school or if you have any further questions. I'll be happy to help.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.