Batman Arkham Knight – PhysX / NVIDIA GameWorks features not working in Xbox App version (works in Steam & Epic)

Mr ? 0 Reputation points
2026-07-23T22:52:31.5866667+00:00

I’m having an issue with the Xbox App (PC Game Pass) version of Batman: Arkham Knight. The game runs normally, but the PhysX / NVIDIA GameWorks features (enhanced debris, interactive smoke/fog, paper effects, etc.) do not activate at all.

To troubleshoot, I tested other versions of the game:

Epic Games Store version: PhysX/GameWorks features work correctly

Steam version: PhysX/GameWorks features also work correctly

Xbox App version: GameWorks settings appear, but the effects do not activate in‑game

My system uses an NVIDIA GPU, and PhysX is installed and functioning in other titles. I’ve also tried reinstalling the game, updating drivers, and toggling the GameWorks settings, but the Xbox App version still behaves as if PhysX is disabled.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Display and graphics
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Carl-L 23,095 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-07-24T06:36:43.7533333+00:00

    Hello Mr ?,

    Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum.

    Based on your description, the Steam and Epic version of the game works correctly with PhysX, also other games can works with it. In this case, I believe that there might be an issue with the build of the Xbox app version of the game.

    Before we proceed further, can you please monitor it closely in the Xbox app version and tell me if the GPU usage when you get into the area that PhysX should be interfered?

    I'm waiting for your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. 宏裕 蔡 0 Reputation points
    2026-07-29T13:14:31.9333333+00:00

    windows 11 insider preview feature update (28120.2546)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.