KB5036210 isn't an update, it's an article.
How to update to Windows UEFI CA 2023 - Solved
I just try using the command Set-ItemProperty -Path “HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecureBoot” -Name “AvailableUpdates” -Value 0x40
Start-ScheduledTask -TaskName “\Microsoft\Windows\PI\Secure-Boot-Update”
But, when I check with [System.Text.Encoding]::ASCII.GetString((Get-SecureBootUEFI db).bytes) -match ‘Windows UEFI CA 2023’ it still say false.
So I don't know how to solve this. Can someone help me?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy
3 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Jason Roberts 2,115 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-10-12T10:56:40.5533333+00:00 Hi CatNap,
My name is Jason and I am an independent advisor and windows user.
To successfully update to the Windows UEFI CA 2023 certificate, you must ensure your system has received the required cumulative update (KB5036210 or later), and that your firmware supports Secure Boot DB updates. A reboot—sometimes two—is required after setting the registry key.
Step-by-Step: Deploying the Windows UEFI CA 2023 Certificate
- Ensure Prerequisites Are Met
Your system must be running Windows 10 or 11 with updates from February 13, 2024 or later
Install KB5036210 or any newer cumulative update that includes the Secure Boot DB update logic Microsoft KB5036210
- Apply the Registry Key
Run this in elevated PowerShell:
powershell
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecureBoot" -Name "AvailableUpdates" -Value 0x40- Trigger the Scheduled Task
Still in elevated PowerShell:
powershell
Start-ScheduledTask -TaskName "\Microsoft\Windows\PI\Secure-Boot-Update"- Reboot (Twice if Needed)
Reboot your system
If the certificate still hasn’t applied, reboot a second time
Some systems require two boots to complete the DB update process.
- Verify the Certificate
Run this PowerShell command:
powershell
[System.Text.Encoding]::ASCII.GetString((Get-SecureBootUEFI db).bytes) -match 'Windows UEFI CA 2023'If it returns
True, the update succeeded.Troubleshooting Tips
Still returns False?
Confirm your system firmware supports Secure Boot DB updates
Check for firmware updates from your OEM (e.g., Dell, Lenovo, ASUS) Ensure Secure Boot is **enabled** in BIOS **No** `Secure-Boot-Update` **task?** You may be missing the required update (KB5036210 or later) Run `Get-ScheduledTask -TaskName *Secure*` to confirm- Still stuck?
Use
Get-SecureBootUEFIto dump the full DB and manually inspect for the 2023 CA string- Check Event Viewer → Applications and Services Logs → Microsoft → Windows → Secure-Boot-Update
-
CatNap 10 Reputation points2026-10-06T11:58:36.5166667+00:00 This problem is solved now (I don't update my UEFI) the problem is the firmware from the manufacture, this PC is from 2020 so there is no any other BIOS update, and so I can't install the latest UEFI.