How to fix outlook calendar errortype: component

Anonymous
2024-12-20T19:29:21+00:00

Hello, I have a user with the following error message when trying to add a shared calendar to the desktop app.

There was something that went wrong with the application. Please refresh your browser window to continue.
ErrorType: Component

This occurs in old and new outlook desktop apps. Let me know if you need any further information about the message or user account. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-12-20T20:21:21+00:00

Dear Jeremy Millar

Thanks for choosing Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, I know the scenario you met. For this, to narrow down the situation, please be kindly to let this user log in his/her account in outlook on the web and then try to add shared calendar on the web side. And check if he/she can do this on the web side. Here is the reference: Share calendars in Outlook on the web - Microsoft Support.

Meanwhile, I need to confirm with you only user meet this scenario? If so, please also be kindly to let this user create a new windows profile in his/her laptop. And then use this new windows profile to open outlook then check the result. Here is the reference: Manage user accounts in Windows - Microsoft Support.

If there is any update, please feel free to update me. I will continue to check for you further. Your patience and cooperation will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for your precious time. Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Katherine

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

4 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-28T05:47:03+00:00

    I Found a solution, i have added a new Account and then deleted, both. Then i erased \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook from the Machine.

    Then Opened Outlook and added the Account with the Error, then it worked for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-28T13:32:38+00:00

    Thank you! I will give it a try and let you know if it worked

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-22T17:00:07+00:00

    I would like to add some additional details.

    I tried the following.

    1. Did a Full Reset on Microsoft Edge to delete offline data and cookies, and then did a repair/reinstall on Edge. Did not fix the problem
    2. I added a different mailbox as a secondary account, and I found adding calendars works.

    So, the issue is with a specific user's mailbox inside of the Outlook app, and not the app or computer itself. I enabled logging in the Outlook app and reproduced the issue, but I'm not sure where to retrieve them at. I also have a case open for this TrackingID#2501220040008577

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T19:50:08+00:00

    I also have a single user having this problem. We have done a Reset/Repair on the Outlook app, and ensured it is updated from the Microsoft Store.Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments