Launching Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I've designated English UK as my Edge display language so I believed Edge should always display in English.
I'm in Italy at the moment and sadly Edge insists on displaying in Italian even after I redesignate English UK and restart it.
Why is Edge doing this. is it because I'm running on Windows 8.1, is this a problem for Edge and if so why ???
Launching Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello Barry, welcome to the Microsoft community, I'll be happy to help you today;
Is your Windows language in English too?
Initially I recommend that you try the following;
Open Edge and go to Settings;
Click on languages;
Click (...) next to the English language and select Move to Home;
The English language must be at the top of the list for it to be your primary language;
After changing, close the browser and open it again;
Check that the language now agrees;
Hope this helps, see you soon!