An Azure service that provides a general-purpose, serverless container platform.
Container Apps: Stuck in registrationState Registering — Troubleshooting Azure provider registration
Problem description
I am experiencing an issue where my Microsoft.App resource remains in the registrationState 'Registering' on my subscription. Despite multiple attempts to register the provider using the 'az provider register' command and waiting for 30 minutes between retries, the registration status does not change to 'Registered'. I am seeking guidance on how to resolve this persistent registration state and successfully register the provider to proceed with my Container Apps environment creation.
Environment
Azure Container Apps, subscription scope, located in westus2 region
What I've already tried
I tried running the 'az provider register --namespace Microsoft.App' command three times, waiting 30 minutes each time, but the registration status remained 'Registering'. I also checked the provider registration status using 'az provider show --namespace Microsoft.App -o json' and reviewed the JSON output, which indicated the same ongoing 'Registering' state.
Current status
I am currently unable to proceed with Container Apps environment provisioning due to the provider registration being stuck. I am seeking assistance to troubleshoot and resolve the registration issue, including verifying the subscription's provider state, checking activity logs for registration attempts, and ensuring there are no governance or permission blocks preventing registration.