Azure Database for PostgreSQL flexible server: Subscription Disabled Due to Security Review — Unable to Create Resources or Submit Support Request

Mike-8100 0 Reputation points
2026-10-11T21:50:35.37+00:00

Problem description

I am experiencing an issue where my Azure subscription appears in a 'Warned' state and is disabled for security reasons. This restriction prevents me from creating new Azure Database for PostgreSQL flexible servers using Azure CLI, and also blocks me from submitting support requests through the portal, as it redirects to troubleshooting content instead of case submission. I need to understand why my subscription is in this state, whether it is security-related or due to billing, and how to resolve this issue to resume resource creation and support communication.

Environment

Azure Database for PostgreSQL flexible server, subscription level, not specified in the case information.

What I've already tried

I attempted to create resources and submit support requests through the Azure portal and CLI. I checked the subscription status via the portal, which indicated it was disabled for security reasons, and tried to open a support request, which was redirected to troubleshooting content. I reviewed available guidance related to disabled subscriptions, but no specific actions have been taken to resolve the restriction.

Current status

Currently, the subscription remains in a 'Warned' state due to a security review, blocking resource creation and support request submission. I am seeking guidance on how to confirm the reason for this restriction and steps to restore the subscription to an active state to continue using Azure services and support channels.

Cost Management
Cost Management

A Microsoft offering that enables tracking of cloud usage and expenditures for Azure and other cloud providers.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.