Suddenly Windows 11 power shell has decided to BEEP after everything. HOW CAN I STOP IT???

Carolyn Wright 0 Reputation points
2026-10-11T19:54:14.51+00:00

I have had this computer for almost a year and today I heard a NEW beep that took me several hours to identify. It is coming from Windows Power Shell and I did nothing to make it start beeping. How can I turn it off completely without knowing how to program my computer??

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Airbus A350 8,120 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-11T21:47:07.12+00:00

    Hello,

    Have you installed any software recently? That could be the cause of it.

    If I may ask, what do the beeps sound like?

    I hope to hear back from you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.