Microsoft Word on Mac hanging when I press cmd or try to click file

NK Fan 0 Reputation points
2026-10-11T14:21:14.53+00:00

Hi everyone, this problem started after I downloaded a document from my school drive. Now whenever I press the command key, or try to hover my mouse of the file button, the Mac beach ball of death shows up and I need to force quit Word, which has basically made Word unworkable. I have tried everything so far – logged out of Word; reinstalled Word; deleted that document; downloaded the most recent update; moving Normal.dotm to desktop; trying Word on safe mode on mac (which still has the same problem). I can't function without Word so I would appreciate your help tremendously.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For education | MacOS
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.