Phone link is listing deleted or unwanted messages in the list, better filtering desired

Peter Wiersig 0 Reputation points
2026-10-11T09:02:46.13+00:00

I expected to see the exact listing from my "Messages" app in Phone link, but it decided to also list messages I put in the bin. I'd prefer they were also filtered like the messages in "Spam and blocked".

Bonus points if the list only shows unread messages and read messages after an interaction.

I like my inboxes clean and lists empty unless I need to act on things.

Maybe anyone can point me to some setting I overlooked. I don't want to clean the bin, but no list entries in the grace period. Maybe 2 "bubbles" on top of the list with "Bin" and "Unread" where I could choose to show all or only interesting messages

moto g56 5G (XT2529-2), Google Messages app (20260928_02_RC01), Phone link (1.26092.103.0), Link to Windows (1.266082.130.0), Win 11 Pro Insider Preview 26H1

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Connect Phone and PC
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Paulo GM 72,765 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-10-11T10:22:22.5566667+00:00

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the app. Phone Link may still display messages that you've already deleted or moved to the bin in Google Messages. Also, for security reasons, Phone Link can only display recent messages from the past 30 days, so you may not be able to access older messages from your PC.

If you'd like to see a message filtering feature added to Phone Link, it is best to submit your suggestion through the Feedback option in the app's settings. Feature requests posted in this community forum are not directly monitored by Microsoft, so I recommend submitting your feedback through the appropriate channel.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.