I claimed a code for an Aurora cape and it does not appear in my capes list

Stan Ortiz 0 Reputation points
2026-10-11T08:18:39.5133333+00:00

On Sept. 29, I claimed an Aurora cape code that I received from a Twitch drop. I have had this specific issue since the date I claimed it: twelve days ago. I have read other help articles whose advice is to wait and/or equip said cape using Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. I run Minecraft on Linux and the Bedrock Launcher is not available on my distribution. Hence, not having Bedrock Edition available, I am not receiving the cape I have a confirmed order receipt for.

If using the Bedrock Launcher is the necessary step to acquire what is already applied to my Microsoft account, I have failed to find any official resource stating so. If this bug is being worked on, I have failed to find any commentary stating so, nor timeline thereof.

In sum, I would like to understand why my owning a product via Microsoft does not entail my ability to utilize said product.

Windows for home | Other | Gaming
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. paulr0511 49,300 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-11T09:46:48.8833333+00:00

    Hello, good day and thanks for your question. Sorry to know about this issue that you have encountered with your Minecraft cape.

    If you are unable to access Bedrock (like the alternative methods for Linux - e.g BedrockOnLinux) or if there is no alternative way from your end to do it, please take note that there might be delays specifically when there are other players worldwide which is doing the same thing and if it still has not arrived then you can also reach out to the Minecraft team at https://aka.ms/Minecraft-Support/ for your account to be checked as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.