I am showing as a person under the age of 18.

Ryan Walsh 0 Reputation points
2026-10-11T04:35:50.8166667+00:00

This had only been changed in the last 2 months and i have no idea how. It reflects the age of my youngest son. I can now no longer use Copilot. I pay for a family account and i am an organiser on that account so other adult organisers on that account cant change my details eg my partner. the fact i own the account and am an organiser is surely testament that i am of age. My son isnt listed in the family account.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | Other | Windows
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. SD - IA 180.9K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-11T05:33:46.78+00:00

    Thank you. This is the problem.

    1. Are you able to change that from there?
    2. Is there another organizer in the group?

    I'm an adult, but Microsoft thinks I'm a child

    If you are an adult but have the wrong birth date on the account, how you correct your date of birth depends on whether consent has been given for your account or not.

    Start by checking your Microsoft account profile information.

    Sign in to your Microsoft account profile at account.microsoft.com/profile/edit-profile-information.

    Sign in

    • If you see your profile information but cannot edit it, follow the does have consent steps below.
    • If you see a message when you sign in which says, "Parent or guardian consent is required for this account." follow the does not have consent steps below.

    Steps if your account does not have consent.

    1. Sign in to login.live.com to initiate a consent request. Sign in
    2. Select I'm a parent or guardian.
    3. Sign in with any adult personal Microsoft account or create a new dummy adult account at the sign-in/sign-up screen shown. Tip To be an adult, the account holder needs to be at least 18 years old, except in Canada where they need to be at least 19 years old.
    4. Give consent by selecting Yes, I agree at the bottom of the consent form.
    5. Select Family Safety to complete the operation.
    6. Review the accounts you have given consent for at account.live.com/mykids.asp
    7. For your own name, select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions.

    Steps if your account does have consent.

    1. Using the adult Microsoft account that gave consent to the account, sign in to Manage child accounts at account.live.com/mykids.aspx Sign in
    2. Select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. SD - IA 180.9K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-11T05:24:18.43+00:00

    Hi,

    This is a strange problem unless you by mistake changed the date of Birth.

    In a web browser, please press CTRL+SHIFT+N to open a Private Window. I'm doing in order to ensure that no data of the other account overlaps due to cache.

    Please go to https://account.microsoft.com/profile page and let me know if you can access the same, and let me know the date of Birth mentioned there.

    I look forward to hearing from you to get the results of the troubleshooting.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.