Guidance for automating daily tasks

Phillip Richcreek 1,125 Reputation points
2026-10-11T02:37:25.51+00:00

AUTOMATING DAILY TASKS
I run a daily backup job called Macrium, which backs up the key system components. But it doesn't offer a capability to restore specific components. My posting here is for help backing up individually certain key components to avoid having to restore the entire system. I want to be able to schedule the backup(s) to run automatically at a given time of day.
I have an abundance of external storage capacity.

Thanks for hour help,
PR

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. SD - IA 180.9K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-11T05:28:26.7266667+00:00

    Hi,

    Macrium does a full recovery backup. You can mount the backup as a File Explorer drive and then access the files from it.

    May I know which specific components you want to back up individually, for example, the Windows Registry, installed applications and their settings, drivers, Windows configuration, or user files?

    I look forward to hearing from you to get the results of the troubleshooting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.