How to determine current storage utilization of a family on Family 365 plan?

Mark Messinger 145 Reputation points
2026-10-10T17:49:43.8566667+00:00

If I continue with my current Microsoft Family 365 subscription, total included storage utilization will be 2 TB.

However, at the present time I have not yet reached my renewal and so my family is still operating under the old rule of 1 TB per member.

I wish to see how much storage each family member is currently using, and the total storage utilization by my family. However, I find I can only view my own storage utilization (one member of six).

How can I, the person who pays the subscription, view storage utilization details for my entire family?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Other
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Bulldog 4,865 Reputation points
    2026-10-10T18:07:55.7333333+00:00

    Currently, the subscriber to a Microsoft 365 Family plan can only see their own OneDrive utilization. That will almost certainly change after April, 2027.

    There is, for the moment, little information about how the transition from the current storage scheme to the new scheme will be managed. I am confident that details are forthcoming.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. EmilyS726 272.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-10T18:56:18.9033333+00:00

    Unfortunately, Microsoft 365 Family does not currently provide the subscription owner with a dashboard showing each family member's OneDrive storage usage.
    I am afraid you would have to ask each user to check the usage and inform you, for now.

    At the same time, please bookmark this page https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/accounts-billing/subscriptions/microsoft-365-subscription-sharing-faqs The documentation simply does not address whether the subscription owner can see individual or total storage consumption. However, as time goes, it can be updated to include any new information for new developments.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.