Billing Dispute with Azure Pay-As-You-Go invoice - How to contact Support with Chat -or even raise a ticket

Ian Lowe 1 Reputation point
2026-10-10T11:19:29.37+00:00

This has to be the most frustrating Contact service ever. I have a billing dispute with my latest Azure Pay-As-You-Go invoice.

I am disputing invoice G18930752.

I am not reporting a technical fault or Azure outage.

I have identified that approximately 95% of the charges were incurred on a single day and require a billing review.

More importantly, I am currently unable to raise a billing support case through the Azure portal. The responses I am receiving are automated and do not address the billing dispute.

Please provide a method to contact a human billing representative or create a billing dispute case on my behalf.

Your Claim A Refund option simply says Ineligable - Contact Support but there is no way to Contact support.

Please, please get in touch with me, I need tp resolve this issue

Azure SQL Database
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. TP 164.4K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-10T12:05:27.78+00:00

    Hi Ian,

    Please carefully follow my instructions below to create free Billing support request so that you can speak with billing engineer. If you get stuck in endless loop or have an issue let me know and I will help.

    Start by clicking link below:

    https://portal.azure.com/#create/Microsoft.Support

    Enter Billing in the box and click Go

    Select Billing and click Next

    Select your subscription and click Next

    At this point there will be a delay while it attempts to troubleshoot an issue likely unrelated to what you are experiencing. Please wait until it finishes (may take minutes) and displays potential solutions and/or descriptive text of things it guesses might be an issue, etc. DO NOT CLICK on any of these.

    Scroll down to the bottom and click on blue Yes, need more help button

    User's image

    Scroll all the way back to the top and click on Create a support request

    Now you should be on Problem description tab. Issue type: Billing, Problem type: Assistance with bill, Problem subtype: Help with a billing discrepancy

    Click Next. Similar to above, there will be a delay and then it will display some recommended solutions. DO NOT CLICK on any of these. Instead click Return to support request in upper left corner

    User's image

    Click Next to advance to Additional details tab. Issue Category: Azure - Billing Issue Select your support plan: <choose Basic if you don't have paid plan>

    Continue filling out additional details, click Next, review information and click Create. You should receive an automated email in a few minutes confirming that support request has been created. Hopefully you will be contacted by Email/Phone (depending on your choice) within 1 business day.

    Please reply back and let me know if you were able to create request. There are several different flows so your experience may not precisely match what I described above. As I mentioned if you get stuck add a comment with screenshot and explanation of what happened so I can help.

    Thanks.

    -TP

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  2. Annemarie Merchant 0 Reputation points Microsoft Employee
    2026-10-10T11:34:14.96+00:00
    • Check your role. You must have the appropriate access to a subscription in order to create a support request for it. This means you must have the Owner, Contributor, or Support Request Contributor role, or a custom role with Microsoft.Support/* at the subscription level.
    • Use the public ticket page at https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/create-ticket/(opens in new window) and sign in with the account that owns the subscription.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.