Locked out for a week despite submitting correct recovery form

Elizabeth Twigger 0 Reputation points
2026-10-10T11:17:44.2866667+00:00

Subject: URGENT: Live Account Locked Following Unusual Activity Detection – No Response to Recovery Requests

Dear Microsoft Support,

I am seeking urgent assistance regarding my Live email account, which I have been unable to access for over a week.

When attempting to sign in, Microsoft reports unusual activity on my account. The password that I believed to be correct is no longer accepted, and I am unable to complete the account verification process.

I can see the recovery email address and telephone number associated with the account, and they are both mine. However, when attempting verification, I receive the message:

"Try another verification method."

I have repeatedly:

  • Attempted verification using the available methods.
  • Completed the Microsoft account recovery form.
  • Provided the requested information as accurately and thoroughly as possible.

Each recovery submission states that I will receive a response within 24 hours. However, despite waiting more than a week and checking all inbox, spam, and junk folders, I have not received any response.

This matter is extremely urgent because the account contains important communications relating to the medical care of my 98-year-old mother. I am concerned that I may be missing essential information regarding her health and ongoing care arrangements.

I appreciate the need to protect account security and understand that ownership verification is required. However, I would be grateful if my case could be reviewed and if advice could be provided on how to proceed when:

  • Verification methods are failing.
  • The recovery form process is not producing any response.
  • Access to urgently needed information has been lost.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I would be grateful for any guidance available.

Kind regards,

[Your Full Name] Alternative Email Address: [Your Alternative Email] Telephone Number: [Your Telephone Number] Affected Live Account: [Your Live Email Address] Subject: URGENT: Live Account Locked Following Unusual Activity Detection – No Response to Recovery Requests

Dear Microsoft Support,

I am seeking urgent assistance regarding my Live email account, which I have been unable to access for over a week.

When attempting to sign in, Microsoft reports unusual activity on my account. The password that I believed to be correct is no longer accepted, and I am unable to complete the account verification process.

I can see the recovery email address and telephone number associated with the account, and they are both mine. However, when attempting verification, I receive the message:

"Try another verification

I have repeatedly:

  • Attempted verification using the available methods.
  • Completed the Microsoft account recovery form.
  • Provided the requested information as accurately and thoroughly as possible.

Each recovery submission states that I will receive a response within 24 hours. However, despite waiting more than a week and checking all inbox, spam, and junk folders, I have not received any response.

This matter is extremely urgent because the account contains important communications relating to the medical care of my 98-year-old mother. I am concerned that I may be missing essential information regarding her health and ongoing care arrangements.

I appreciate the need to protect account security and understand that ownership verification is required. However, I would be grateful if my case could be reviewed and if advice could be provided on how to proceed when:

  • Verification methods are failing.
  • The recovery form process is not producing any response.
  • Access to urgently needed information has been lost.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I would be grateful for any guidance available.

Kind regards,

Jan
Alternative Email Address: ******@gmail.com
Affected Live Account: ******@live.co.uk

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AI answer

    2026-10-10T11:18:06.88+00:00

    For the "Try another verification method" block after repeated attempts, the supported next steps are:

    1. Stop repeated verification attempts. Excessive or repetitive requests can trigger or extend a temporary block.
    2. Wait before trying again. Microsoft states that waiting 24 hours can remove a block, and if there is still no change, wait longer — up to 1 week.
    3. Try a different verification method already connected to the account. If SMS is blocked, try the alternate email on the account, or vice versa.
    4. Try a different network. Switch between Wi‑Fi and mobile data, or use another Wi‑Fi network.
    5. Use the Microsoft account sign-in helper for sign-in issues.

    For the account recovery form:

    • The result is sent to the working email address provided at the beginning of the form within 24 hours.
    • If verification fails, the form can be submitted again up to two times per day.
    • Support agents and advocates cannot send password reset links or change account details outside the recovery/reinstatement process.

    If the account is specifically locked and the "Let's prove you're human" option does not appear, the documented path is to use the aka.ms/ link shown in the lock window and submit the account reinstatement form. After submission, a Microsoft Online Safety support agent reviews it and contacts by email. Do not submit additional reinstatement requests, because that can slow the response.

    If the account is an Outlook.com account temporarily blocked because of unusual sign-in activity, the documented action is to reset the password to unblock it. If that still does not work after entering the security code or changing the password, use the When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account path from the Outlook.com unblock article.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.