Outlook displays an incorrect contact name for my own email address

2026-10-09T23:16:18.6466667+00:00

Hello Microsoft Support Community,

I am experiencing an issue with the new Outlook for Windows.

When I type my own Outlook.com email address in the recipient (To) field, Outlook incorrectly displays the name "Gabriel" instead of my correct name or business name.

Gabriel has never been associated with my Microsoft account, and I do not recognize this name.

Troubleshooting already completed:

  1. Verified that my Microsoft account profile displays my correct name.

Confirmed that my Outlook.com address is the primary account alias.

Sent a test email and confirmed that the correct sender name appears.

Reviewed my Outlook contacts and found no contact linking Gabriel to my email address.

Created a new contact with my correct business name and email address.

Checked the hidden contacts and suggested recipients settings.

Attempted to remove the incorrect autocomplete suggestion without success.

Reviewed recent Microsoft account sign-in activity and found no unfamiliar activity in the sessions examined.

The issue continues even after creating the correct contact.

My questions are:

Where does Outlook store this incorrect display-name association?

Is there a way to remove or correct this specific autocomplete entry without clearing all suggested contacts?

Could this be caused by Outlook's contact synchronization or cached recipient information?

I would appreciate instructions for permanently correcting this issue without affecting my existing emails, contacts, or account settings.

Thank you for your assistance.Hello Microsoft Support Community,

I am experiencing an issue with the new Outlook for Windows.

When I type my own Outlook.com email address in the recipient (To) field, Outlook incorrectly displays the name "Gabriel" instead of my correct name or business name.

Gabriel has never been associated with my Microsoft account, and I do not recognize this name.

Troubleshooting already completed:

Verified that my Microsoft account profile displays my correct name.

Confirmed that my Outlook.com address is the primary account alias.

Sent a test email and confirmed that the correct sender name appears.

Reviewed my Outlook contacts and found no contact linking Gabriel to my email address.

Created a new contact with my correct business name and email address.

Checked the hidden contacts and suggested recipients settings.

Attempted to remove the incorrect autocomplete suggestion without success.

Reviewed recent Microsoft account sign-in activity and found no unfamiliar activity in the sessions examined.

The issue continues even after creating the correct contact.

My questions are:

Where does Outlook store this incorrect display-name association?

Is there a way to remove or correct this specific autocomplete entry without clearing all suggested contacts?

Could this be caused by Outlook's contact synchronization or cached recipient information?

I would appreciate instructions for permanently correcting this issue without affecting my existing emails, contacts, or account settings.

Thank you for your assistance.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.