Why can I not open or create powerpoint or word documents

Cora Goffe 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T21:13:44.86+00:00

Any time I try to open a new powerpoint or a pre-existing powerpoint, it tells me "microsoft 365 basic does not include powerpoint on your desktop" and I don't understand how that's fair??? I got this laptop mainly so I could make powerpoint presentations, but I can't because it tells me my plan doesn't include powerpoint. Fliping powerpoint. It came pre-installed for God's sake! Why am I not allowed to use an app that came WITH the computer???? Why should I pay for a more expensive plan just so I can create powerpoints? BullCRAP. Help ASAP would be appreciated xx

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For education | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. John Korchok 236.6K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-09T21:19:05.6533333+00:00

    A Basic subscription gets you access to Office on the web, iOS and Android. To use the apps on a Windows or Mac computer, you need at least a Personal subscription. Here is Microsoft's page comparing plans.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.