MS Office 365 is messing up my MS Office Standard 2024 installation.

Colin Palmer 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T19:11:40.27+00:00

I have uninstalled all ms office products from my brand new win 11 pc and rebooted. See attached picture. However, the next time I install ms office standard 2024, I end up with the new product installed but excel and word show an activated ms office pro plus 2016, instead. This old version of office was on my previous pc. I have not yet had chance to use my new product cd key. So, I suspect my MS account is still linked to my old product, but the link is hidden.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Stefan Blom 353.9K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-09T19:24:31.02+00:00

    Office Standard 2024 is a volume license product. You may need assistance from the IT support in your organization to reinstall the product.

    If someone sold you Office Standard and led you to believe that you purchased a consumer (home use) product, you should request your money back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.