Building, integrating, or customizing apps and workflows within Microsoft Teams using developer tools and APIs
Hello
From what I was able to verify in Microsoft's public documentation, I could not find any article that explicitly states that the isSingleTenant value returned by the Developer Portal bot API is the authoritative indicator of whether a bot is configured as single-tenant or multi-tenant. Most Microsoft documentation describes tenant scope in terms of the underlying Microsoft Entra application configuration and bot registration settings, rather than this specific API field.
Because of that, I would be cautious about concluding that the bot is definitely multi-tenant solely because a GET request returns: "isSingleTenant": false
The closest related reference I found is Single-tenant bot compatibility with cross-tenant Graph API requests.
In the discussion, it notes that a bot's tenant configuration and its backing Microsoft Entra application's tenant configuration are not necessarily the same thing. Although the discussion does not specifically address the isSingleTenant field, it suggests that this value alone may not be enough to determine a bot's effective tenant configuration without further clarification from Microsoft.
To help determine whether this is an actual configuration issue or only a readback discrepancy, you can kindly check:
- Apart from the GET response showing
isSingleTenant:false, have you observed any actual multi-tenant behavior? For example, has the bot successfully been installed, accessed, or interacted with from another tenant?
Once again, at the moment, I have not found Microsoft documentation confirming that isSingleTenant:false alone is sufficient to prove that an existing bot is configured as multi-tenant. The information above may help provide additional context and support the investigation while you seek clarification regarding the purpose of the isSingleTenant field and how it should be interpreted in the Developer Portal response.
Kind regards,