A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
None of that helped.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I just moved a lot of files (400GB) out of Onedrive and now The folder I moved out is bizarrely causing an PC alert error saying I have too many files in that directory (which no longer exists in onedrive. It used to have a lot of Lightroom photos in it and I never got an alert like this Now that the folder is not even there I want you guys to clear this error. Why the error is there in the first place is crazy - we use Onedrive to store files like photos and we should be able to store as much as we want so long as we are not going over our quota. So two concerns: I have zero files in a nonexistent folder that is giving me an error about too many files in it, And you guys shouldn't keep me from storing things like my photo directories by saying there are too many files If I'm not going over my quota.
A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
AI answer
A stale OneDrive sync state can keep showing a folder-related alert even after the folder was moved out of OneDrive. The supported steps in this situation are:
About the file-count concern: OneDrive guidance states that if there are more than 300,000 files, sync can take a long time and reducing the number of files is recommended. That is separate from storage quota.
References: