Outlook 365 no longer displays the old meeting date when a meeting has been rescheduled

Bender, Jennifer 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T15:04:23.06+00:00

Why did Outlook take away this option - my life as an executive assistant has become a nightmare, after making that terrible downgrade. Can someone please reinstated this behavior in Outlook 365 - This makes working harder instead of smarter.

Outlook 365 no longer displays the old meeting date when a meeting has been rescheduled*

Also, the Outlook 365 email and calendar search has gotten worse - Myself and others have been complaining about not being able to find things as easily as we could before - again, we are now working harder not smarter, using Outlook.


Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kai-L 20,020 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-09T15:25:05.7933333+00:00

    Dear Jennifer,

    I understand how disruptive this is, especially as an executive assistant who needs to see which time slot was freed up when a meeting moves. Unfortunately, as a forum moderator, I am not able to restore this behavior or change how Outlook is designed. My role here is limited to providing general guidance you can apply from your side.

    I can’t emphasize enough how important your feedback is in this situation. I strongly recommend that you share your detailed experience and feedback directly with the Microsoft product team through their official feedback channels. This is the most effective way to make your voice heard and influence future feature improvements and adjustments. 

    You can visit the Ideas · Community to submit a new idea or vote on existing one. The product team is in charge of the site, and they constantly check customer reviews and feedback. The higher votes, the more attention the related team will pay, and a lot of the features are developed and improved based on customer feedback. As a moderator, I will also pass along your feedback to the appropriate team for further consideration. While I don't directly influence product design, user feedback is actively reviewed and helps prioritize future development. If you’re unable to submit feedback yourself, please feel free to reach out to me, and I’ll be happy to submit it on your behalf. 

    I appreciate your kindness and understanding as we deal with these evolutionary product changes. Please get in touch if you need anything else. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.