An Azure service that provides an enterprise-grade analytics engine.
Power Platform: Credential binding is broken when using the AnalysisServices connector to connect to a Power BI semantic model in a Power Apps dataflow. "Authentication failed for all Authenticators" error.
I am using the AnalysisServices connector to obtain data from a semantic model (via a DAX query). This approach works fine in Power BI - in Desktop, in the service, and in a Gen 1 dataflow.
However if I copy the exact same Power Query M code into a Power Platform dataflow it is unable to correctly bind the connection. I am using the same target semantic model, and the same organizational accounts in all cases. Sign-in to the organizational account is working successfully, but after choosing to connect it still shows that credentials are needed.
Some screenshots are below. I have censored the connection details but used similar formatting and punctuation to the real version in case that is a factor.
M code for minimum reproducible query is:
let
Source = AnalysisServices.Database("powerbi://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/Workspace%20Name%20WS", "Semantic Model - Name", [Query="EVALUATE ... etc", Implementation="2.0"])
in
Source
After initially creating the new Power Query query I get the following banner - I need to configure the connection. Note that the workspace URI has been converted to lower case - may or may not be relevant.
Clicking configure connection brings up the connect to data source window. I have already selected organizational account in the screenshot:
After clicking Sign in and choosing my account, I get the following. I have authenticated successfully to the semantic model. (I also changed the connection name beforehand).
I then click connect, but I get the "Authentication failed for all authenticators" error:
Clicking manage connections shows the following. The reason I wonder whether the casing is important is that there are two lines, with two different locations. The one with the correct title-case workspace name shows as (no connection linked) and the newly created connection is on a separate line in lower case.
The top line has the tooltip "This data source is present in your mashup, but has no credentials available". The bottom line has the tooltip "This data source is present in your connections but not used in this mashup".
This all implies to me that for some reason the connection is not being correctly bound within the query. Any assistance sorted this out would be appreciated.