MS Sway crashing every few minutes for a week now

Sarah M 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T13:11:41.6133333+00:00

I saw the other post and the potential fixes. I did all of them. I'm thinking it's on Microsoft's end, this issue. A lot of people are using sway for work and school projects, and so am I.

I saw a ticket was put in 2 days ago - has there been an update? are they actively working on this issue? What's the time frame looking like to get it back up and running?

It crashes on every single sway every minute or three, and any changes I made were not saved.

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Sway | For education
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Heimerdinger 800 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-09T14:07:18.9033333+00:00

    Hi @Sarah M,

    From what I've seen in the community, several other users appear to be reporting very similar behavior, including Sway unexpectedly refreshing, crashing, and not saving recent changes. Based on that, there is a possibility this is related to a broader service-side issue rather than something specific to your browser or device.

    However, I checked the Microsoft 365 Service Health information available to administrators and have not seen any officially published incident related to Sway at this time. Because of that, I can't confirm whether the ticket you mentioned is an active Microsoft service incident, provide an ETA, or confirm whether a fix is currently being deployed.

    Please also note that I am a fellow user/community member, so I do not have access to Microsoft's internal investigation processes, engineering updates, or unpublished service health information. I can only refer to information that has been officially communicated through Microsoft channels.

    If you have access to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center, I would strongly recommend reporting the issue directly through Help & Support so Microsoft's support team can investigate using backend diagnostics and correlate reports from other affected organizations. If multiple tenants are experiencing the same issue, additional reports can help Microsoft identify and prioritize the problem.

    For detailed instructions on how to get support, please refer to Get support - Microsoft 365 admin.     

    If you are not an administrator, please contact your organization's IT administrator and ask them to submit a support ticket on your behalf.

    Also I would recommend that your Microsoft 365 administrator report the issue directly to Microsoft so the service team can investigate.

    1. Sign in to the Microsoft 365 admin center.
    2. Go to Health > Service health.
    3. Select the Reported issues tab.
    4. Choose Report an issue and provide details about the affected account and behavior. User Image

    In the meantime, I would recommend avoiding extensive edits in Sway where possible and saving important content elsewhere first, as the repeated crashes and refreshes may prevent recent changes from being saved successfully.

    I hope this information helps. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and troubleshooting results. Please keep us updated if your administrator receives any information from Microsoft Support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.