Can't get into Admin Centre

CharleneC 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T12:31:33.2966667+00:00

I created and administered a Minecraft Education tenant. My Microsoft account is now being treated as a consumer account and I can no longer access the tenant or Microsoft Admin Center. I've been trying to reach Microsoft for a week now. I have two hours to get a copy of a receipt submitted.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For education | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Emily T 660 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-09T17:57:23.0866667+00:00

    Hello @CharleneC

    Minecraft Education licenses are associated with your organization’s Microsoft Entra tenant, and administrators can use the Microsoft 365 admin center to manage users and Minecraft Education licenses.

    To better understand what is preventing you from accessing the admin center, please check the following:

    What happens after you enter your username and password? Do you receive an error message? If possible, please share a screenshot with any sensitive information removed.

    Are you stuck at the MFA verification step? If so, which verification method are you being asked to use, and do you still have access to it?

    Is there another administrator in your organization who can still sign in and access the tenant?

    Can you sign in but not access the admin center? If so, what exact error or permission message do you see?

    If you are the only Global Administrator and you know your password but are unable to complete MFA, with no other administrator available to help restore your authentication access, this may require account recovery assistance from Microsoft Support.

    Once I have this information, I can better identify the appropriate next step for your situation.

    Kind regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.