Problems accessing my E5 subscriptions sandbox after activation

Cabrelli, Paul 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T08:28:54.8933333+00:00

I have an MSDN subscription and used it to activate an Office E5 subscription. I was supplied with an admin account but I can't log in using that account as it is configured to send a code which I can't access via my authenticator app.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Development | Microsoft 365 Developer Program
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Hin Vo 1,440 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-09T09:03:41.96+00:00

    Hi @Cabrelli, Paul

    To ensure I fully understand your situation and provide the most effective assistance, I’ll need a few additional details, such as:  

    Is this the Microsoft 365 Developer Program E5 sandbox that was provisioned through your MSDN/Visual Studio subscription benefits?

    Have you ever successfully signed in to the sandbox administrator account, or is this your first sign-in attempt?

    Do you have access to any other authentication methods that may have been registered for the account, such as a phone number, alternate email address, or other recovery options?

    In the meantime, if you have another administrator account in the E5 tenant, you may be able to use it to review and remove the MFA methods associated with the affected admin account. For guidance, please refer to: Manage user authentication methods for Microsoft Entra multifactor authentication

    If you are the only administrator and are completely locked out of the tenant, the recommended next step is to contact Microsoft Support and request assistance for a Tenant Lockout / Sole Global Administrator MFA Recovery scenario. You can initiate contact through: Contact Microsoft Support 

    When calling the support number, you may first hear a recorded message lasting approximately 30 seconds (for example, suggesting that you visit an online support page). You can simply wait for the menu options to be presented. Typically, selecting "1" for business users and then "1" again for technical support will guide you to the appropriate support flow. 

    In some regions, the initial interaction may be handled entirely by an automated system. To help you prepare, below is an example of the questions you may receive and the recommended responses: 

    What kind of problem are you experiencing? 

    Answer: Authenticator 

    What product are you using? 

    Answer: Office 365 for business 

    Is this for an education or company account? 

    Answer: For companies 

    Are you an administrator? 

    Answer: Yes 

    Are there any other administrators in your organization? 

    Answer: No. I am the only administrator in the tenant. 

    Do you need a Service Request? 

    Answer: Yes. I need to open a support ticket. Please transfer me to the Data Protection team. 

    Please note that this team is always overwhelmed, so you might need to wait for them to call you, this should take 3-10 working days. 

    I hope this information helps you successfully escalate your request and regain access to your account.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.