Question about a Thai subtitle mod and the anti-cheat in Gears of War: E-Day (PC Game Pass)

Pratya Klomarrom 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T05:49:36.2766667+00:00

Dear Xbox Support Team,

I’m writing to ask about using a fan-made subtitle mod with Gears of War: E-Day. I play the game on PC through the Xbox app with my PC Game Pass subscription. The game doesn’t include Thai subtitles, so I made a Thai subtitle mod for myself and other Thai players. The mod doesn’t modify, replace or patch any of the game’s files. It only shows Thai subtitles while I play. I’ve noticed that the game uses an anti-cheat system, and I want to make sure I follow the rules. Could you please tell me: Could using this subtitle mod on the PC Game Pass version (Xbox app) cause the anti-cheat system to flag my account? Is there any risk that I could be banned from playing the game, or that my Xbox/Microsoft account could be suspended or banned? If there is any chance of a ban, I won’t use the mod. I’d rather play within the rules than put my account at risk. I’d also like to say that I’d really appreciate official Thai subtitle support in a future update. It would help many players in Thailand enjoy the game. Thank you for your time. I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Prachya Klomarrom

Gamertag: zMosaicAAR

Platform: PC (Xbox app, PC Game Pass)

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.