Unable to have access to hotmail accounts due to loss of data but I know the password

Asher Martinez 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T04:45:52.1033333+00:00

I have done a request to recover my account but I don’t remember any payments or anything on it and it won’t let me sign in, I have a Nintendo account linked to it but I can’t access the codes I get in order to get the code to use switch it to an email I do use now.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | Other | iOS
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Francisco Montilla 31,080 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-09T05:23:24.45+00:00

    Hello,

    Just to clear things up first since this is about an account lockout, this is a public forum staffed by other users. We aren't Microsoft employees, so nobody here has backend access to your account.

    Do you remember if you had two factor authentication enabled on this Hotmail account? I ask because if you had two step verification turned on, that account recovery form you filled out is actually designed to fail automatically no matter how accurate your answers are.

    Let me know and we can figure out the next step.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. AI answer

    2026-10-09T04:46:07.8966667+00:00

    If the password is known but the sign-in is blocked because the verification codes cannot be accessed, the supported recovery path is to replace the security info during sign-in:

    1. Start signing in to the Microsoft account.
    2. At the Verify your identity prompt, select I don't have any of these.
    3. Follow the prompts to replace the security info.
    4. After the security info is replaced, there is a 30-day wait before sign-in is allowed.

    Important details for this situation:

    • If access exists to some security info, sign in to Advanced security options, add a new way to sign in or verify, confirm it with a code, then remove the old security method that is no longer accessible.
    • Do not change all security info at the same time unless necessary, because the account may be restricted for 30 days.
    • If verification codes are not arriving, avoid excessive or repeated code requests because that can temporarily block code delivery.
    • If the account is temporarily blocked due to unusual sign-in activity, the account must be unblocked by resetting the password.
    • If the username is not recognized, check the exact email domain such as .com vs .co.uk, check spelling, and try any other alias or phone number that may be on the account.
    • If a recovery code was created previously, it can be used during sign-in by choosing Other ways to sign in → Use my password → Forgot password? → Use a different verification option → I don't have any of these → enter the 25-digit recovery code.

    If none of the security methods are accessible and the account recovery request has already failed, the remaining supported option is to use the Microsoft account sign-in helper and, if the username still is not recognized, contact support through the support path referenced in the account recovery guidance.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.