Microsoft Office, which I purchased on August 15th directly from microsoft because I didn't want an online subscription has stopped working

Mimi 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T03:38:35.51+00:00

The tab at the top is demanding I upgrade to Microsoft 365. It forced me to agree to terms to be able to post this and also forced me to agree to receive tips etc to post this message, when I actually want to speak to a human to find out what happened.

Did they just revoke my licence with their new terms? Why can't I open any of my Microsoft word documents? I paid full price via the Microsoft store to avoid this kind of thing happening and to not have to rely on 365 and now it doesn't work.

What has happened? Will I get refunded for this product if you have revoked the licence?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Other

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Vincent Choy 11,350 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-09T03:54:40.4533333+00:00

    Do you know exactly which Microsoft Office variant you purchased? Either the name or the price you paid may give a clue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.