A set of technologies in .NET for building web applications and web services. Miscellaneous topics that do not fit into specific categories.
Hello @Ravi Chandra Parepalli and thank you for your questions.
From what you've described, this seems to be a broken/incomplete Hosting Bundle deployment. You will want to check around that by doing the following:
- Run
dotnet --list-runtimeson one broken server - Compare that against a working server.
- Check the exact IIS error and Windows Application Event Log entry for the failing application.
- Repair/re-run the 10.0.12 Hosting Bundle installer, then restart IIS/the server as appropriate.
- Check whether the failing apps are framework-dependent vs self-contained, and x86 vs x64.
For how to do the above, you can refer to the ASP.NET Core troubleshoot on AAS and IIS guide.
Also, there's still a lack of data to know what really happened, so you may want to use the same guide to gather more diagnostic information and narrow down the cause. Other than that, you could check through the AI answer and see if anything there provides you with useful information - I won't repeat it here to avoid redundancy.
(I also highly recommend reading through the Hosting Bundle guide as it may contain helpful information.)
So that's the tentative answer for your 1st and 2nd questions: broken/incomplete deployment. The 3rd question is quite broad, and I wouldn't rule out any of these without further diagnostics.
If you found my response helpful or informative, I would greatly appreciate it if you could follow this guide for your confirmation. Thank you.