Is it possible to talk to a person? -- Reactive Word and Excel

Judith Wolfe 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T22:44:39.4233333+00:00

I cannot find or reactivate Word and Excel and I guess other related features/problems.

I think it happened after a recent UPDATE.

I am confused with instructions I read and would like someone to walk me through fixing, finding my6-3700es.

Thank you.

J Wolfe

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other
0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Manoel Barros 22,245 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-09T00:29:15.36+00:00

    Hi!

    I need more information and details to be able to help you.

    What exactly did you mean by "I cannot find or reactivate Word and Excel..."?

    Did you recently purchase a Microsoft 365 subscription or an Office license? Or are you trying to redeem a product key?

    Were you able to install Office (Word and Excel)?

    If you purchased it or are having issues with Word, I need to know the version. Open Word or Excel > File > About > Send me a screenshot (please remove any personal information from the image).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Bulldog 4,865 Reputation points
    2026-10-08T23:10:59.52+00:00

    "I cannot find or reactivate Word and Excel ..."

    Unfortunately, you haven't told us what version of Word and Excel you purchased, where you purchased your software, and what operating system you have. This information is needed to provide an accurate answer.

    When you provide this information, we can show you how to download and install your software, how to find it in your computer, and how to activate it so that you can use it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. AI answer

    2026-10-08T22:44:50.1466667+00:00

    Yes. A support agent can be contacted.

    For a new PC that included Office, if Word and Excel-related apps seem missing after an update, the supported path is:

    1. Open an Office app such as Word or Excel.
    2. If prompted, complete Activate Office first.
    3. In the app, go to File > Account.
    4. Under Product Information, select Update Options > Update Now.
    5. Let Office finish checking for and installing updates.
    6. After the update completes, check the Start menu again for the missing Office apps and features.

    Important detail: if an Office app is left open for more than five days without installing an available update, it can show as Unlicensed Product and most features become unavailable until Update Now is installed.

    If help from a person is needed, use the Contact Us option on the Microsoft support page for Microsoft 365 for home subscriptions or one-time Office purchases. There is also an option to talk to a customer support agent from the Microsoft account help page.


    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.